Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All i see are ads about enter to win this...enter to win $100,000 , Enter to win a Kawasaki ninja ZX-6R

Enter to win a mercedes benz

yet i never hear about anyone around me WINNING anything?

I was just curious if any of you guys ever won anything from any sweepstakes, or is it all bullshit?

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I don't personally know anyone who ever won anything in a sweepstakes.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My better half won a 20 or 22 inch flat screen tv at one of our minor league baseball games. :D
Raffles are more believable, because the numbers are realistic as far as the odds go.

I am talking about these Major Publisher's Clearing house sweepstakes, etc

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
the only thing I ever won is time shares where you have to listen to a 4 hour tour and some very agressive guy tries to sell you a time share, and then you get 3 days free.

Did it once, never again.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
25,698 Posts
I won tickets to the Michigan/Michigan State football game last year at the Big House.
Local Spartan stores were the people holding the contest.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i won a razor scooter from a hair cutting place, a pedal car from local grocery store, carhart jeans from carhart, a tv from white hen pantry, a few $$from scratch off tickets, tickets to a ballet (dont judge) just to name a few. i try to enter as much as possible whenever i can. ya dont win if ya dont play

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the only thing I ever won is time shares where you have to listen to a 4 hour tour and some very agressive guy tries to sell you a time share, and then you get 3 days free.

Did it once, never again.
LOL dude that almost happened to me......I declined the offer before it even started. They disguise it to make it seem that you won some kind of prize like a car.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
LOL dude that almost happened to me......I declined the offer before it even started. They disguise it to make it seem that you won some kind of prize like a car.
and they make it sound like it is some sort of 30 minute thing and it ends up being a 4 hour ordeal

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
A guy in the plant at one of my previous jobs won the state lottery....a few million lump sum after taxes. He was constantly harassed by people at work he didn't even know to "borrow" money (ie: gift), or to leave because he was taking a job from someone that needed it (it was a union shop)...he left after a few months of that.

·
Pursebully
37,562 Posts
I've never know anyone who won any type of sweepstakes...be it PCH or any other. Raffles, yes, I've known several people who win these...just not me.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
A guy in the plant at one of my previous jobs won the state lottery....a few million lump sum after taxes. He was constantly harassed by people at work he didn't even know to "borrow" money (ie: gift), or to leave because he was taking a job from someone that needed it (it was a union shop)...he left after a few months of that.
Yeah, out of the sudden you become a target for a bunch of free loaders if you win the lotto.

I don't know why would anyone want to keep working after winning the lotto, I would just work for 1 or 2 more weeks out of ethics alone not to leave my boss hanging without help but once I am out of there screw that, I would spend the rest of my life traveling, I would buy a touring bike and travel the world on a bike.

·
Pursebully
37,562 Posts
Yeah, out of the sudden you become a target for a bunch of free loaders if you win the lotto.

I don't know why would anyone want to keep working after winning the lotto, I would just work for 1 or 2 more weeks out of ethics alone not to leave my boss hanging without help but once I am out of there screw that, I would spend the rest of my life traveling, I would buy a touring bike and travel the world on a bike.
Wtf?

"all of a sudden"

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
"out of the sudden" and "all of a blue"???? :D
I'm trying to behave myself per request, but with all the mangled metaphors, misinformation and outright bullshit, it won't be easy.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I won "Dysfunctional Family Picnic" (rock concert) tickets from a local radio. Had front row seats.

Also, sometime in 1994, filled out one of those win some BS slips in a store called "The WIZZ", which no longer exists and got free Windows 95 Upgrade CD along with 12 other Microsoft titles. Too bad my computer only had 4MB of memory and after installation Win95 wouldn't work right.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts