Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted one that blue to match my bike, I was wondering if it is quiet like the factory or noticeably loud? Thanks

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Do a SEARCH for "exhaust" or "exhaust sound" or "micron"... been plenty of posts.

I've heard them. Here's my thoughts... The European exhaust manufacturers have a slightly different bias towards sound. In Europe there's a bigger crackdown on loud pipes through law enforcement and restrictions on sound by the equivalent of the Transportation Ministry. A quick read of a website for a European pipe mfr (Akrapovic, Micron, Laser, Mig, even Yosh Japan, etc.) will show that there's more emphasis put on keeping VOLUME down, but sound quality UP...

Here in North America, you get mfr's like Hindle Canada (farkin' LOUD), Vance and Hines, Muzzy, D&D, Two Bros, all known for VOLUME. So Micron, being British, has more to gain from putting research into keeping sound levels below the point where buyers are getting dinged with tickets.

I find Microns aren't as loud as these N.American brands in general, but I find they're similar to a Yosh in sound, maybe a tad louder. Nice sound really, just not barking wake-the-neighbors-for-miles loud.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.