Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since some drunk, punk, asshole maliciously knocked over my bike a few months ago, I have lost my love for that bike. I have fixed almost all the damage since; I replaced the cracked fairing and replaced the turn signals with flush mounts, the only thing I haven't fixed is a small dent on the tank. Yet, I just don't feel the same about my bike, I hardly ever ride it. It has gotten to the point where I want to sell my bike and I really liked her a lot before this happened. What the hell is going on? Has anyone felt this way before? Someone help me, Please!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Had that feeling after I got T-boned in my car 2 weeks after driving it off the showroom floor. Might be a little different for my bike though. If that did happen, I probably wouldn't be so protective, until I got a new one...;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
understand totally. felt that way after someone raped my truck. took all my my entire a/v system 2 weeks after i got it installed after saving for about 8 months to get it. then the insurance took 2 months to pay me. one agent said they agent that came out to see the damage and get receipts thought i was suspicious. anyway never felt the same about my suzy(my truck).

·
Registered
100 Posts
off topic but street walker where are you from in erie i'm from erie and went to mcdowell graduated in 97 never saw alot of bikes up there

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Clipped a curb when i first got mine, and it put a big scrape way underneath the bike. I still rode it, but felt like everybody was looking at the scratch on my brand new bike. Once I fixed the scratch, everything went back to normal. Out of sight, out of mind I guess.

·
Registered
349 Posts
the guy i bought my bike from felt the same way. after someone keyed the gas tank and the upper fairing he couldn't stand to look at it anymore and just wanted to get rid of it. was good for me:D

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by bikeboy4lf
off topic but street walker where are you from in erie i'm from erie and went to mcdowell graduated in 97 never saw alot of bikes up there
Wow... I live just south of there. That's cool. Small world I suppose.:D

And, his screenname is 'mac', not 'street walker'. That is his board classification. Just like yours.;)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
no. you just feel like some one banged your woman and you feels used when you ride it. it ok. I felt the same way on my 500r when I crashed. but it was ok after a few month

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
you guys need to remember that it's more the experience than the look....if ya don't then imo you're posers
sure you can feel bummed that your bike got scratched and stuff but hell just fix her up suck it up and go ride!!

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spartan, you obviously don't get it... It is not about looks, she looks even better now than before, I replaced the fairing with a new one and replaced those ugly turn signals with flush mounts, looks is definitely not the problem. It's an unexplicable feeling that occurs sometimes when something happens to your bike or car. But to your point, would you buy the best performing bike or car even if it was the hideous thing you ever saw??? I doubt it.

I am sure that I'll be ok in the future, if not I'll have to sell it and get me a 2004 636... Now that is a thought.

(Spartan, I took off the "again" thing, sorry about that)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Originally posted by iroman
Spartan, you obviously don't get it again...
again? what did i miss? i can understand if you're worried about a performance quirk or tweak in the frame.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. I dropped my 99 washing it one day, all it did was scratch my strtor cover and broke my foot peg, but it was half the reason i bought my 636. I still own my 99 but i rode it thrre times this summer and that was it. I'm getting ready to sell it to add something else new to the collection!:DI'm thinking maybe the Kawi Meanstreak. I got to test drive one and those things ride like a dream.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I felt the same way after my fall. It took me about a week to even lift the cover off her to look at her. But now I'm obssesed with getting her back and running. I would thin kthat an upgrade would help out like mac did with his truck. Maybe if what you put into her just doesn't cut it you might look into getting a 636. If you gots the $$$.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You're feeling what you would feel if you found out your gf cheated on you. You still love her, but always in the back of your mind you know that some other man had his grimy hands all over your girl.

You just never feel the same way about it.
BC.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I understand, albeit only slightly.

To me, it's kind of like the first ding someone puts in your new car....it's almost inevitable, no matter how protective you were over it.....

after it's done, you feel horrible....but you no longer park far away from wherever you're going so some asshole doesn't hit you.

So look at it as "empowerment"....you no longer have to feel so obligated to 110% care.....park where you want, ride in the rain, fuck it

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know how you feel,,the smallest scratch to me pisses me off to that point... But hey things are bound to happen--fix it up ,concentrate on the repairs to the tank and add some mods like you have and that feeling will all go away...But i must warn you not to ride could be the major problem ,could cost you in the end ,enough of that talk ...from one PR to another...[8D]

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Last time when I left mine to service the dealer said that they made a scratch to the frame, but fixed it before I picked it up. If you look at it really close and compare with the other parts of the frame, you can see that the area where it happened is a bit smoother. I felt bad for 10 minutes.:( But after riding it for 10 minutes it was gone, and never came back.:D I know the feeling, but like sabbadoo said, fuck it and go for a ride. It will feel good later.

I still take 110% care by the way.;)

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think that is exactly what I need to do, take her out for a hard ride and forget it ever happened. I still have to fix the tank though, it still serves as a constant reminder. Good to know it's not just me, I thought maybe it wasn't the damage, but that I didn't love riding as much anymore. I'm going to give her a good cleaning Saturday morning and take her for a long ride. Thanx guys...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I parked my old Gixxer6 at a mall...went in and watched a movie, had lunch....blah blah, came out later and it was apparent it was knocked over.

Dent in the tank, scratched mirror and lowers on the left side.

I took her home and washed her nice'n GOOD. I was pissed for about a day, but it wore off, and it didn't effect my riding or love for motorcycling. To me, it's a passion and I will never be without a bike....no matter what some dumb maggot did to it [}:)]

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey inferno, be careful out there in el cajon, my second bike (1984 ninja 900) was stolen from my apartment complex out there. I think the rolled onto the back of a truck and took off with it in the middle of the night. Never saw her again.

I am sure that I will get over it. It is not riding in general, it's that bike in particualar, I would never lose my love towards riding...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.