Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
zx6r's were only one headlight comes on when its on the low' like the 03+? if so how?

thanks

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
All you would need to do is remove the yellow and white wire to remove the low beam from one and remove the red and white wire to remove the high beam from the other, tape up the connections so they do not short out and you can reinstate them if you sell the bike.

Russ

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The low beam blew out on my motovision ( [V] ) Rather than change the bulb, as the highbeam still works.... I am running the one headlight set up... haven't gotten flashed yet by cars.... and it provides pretty good light, I will eventually change the bulb, but for right now... just wanted to be a little different, or something....lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
Is there a way to eliminate the high beam? I'd like to be able to do wheelies @ night without everyone seeing my headlight fly up in the air

I mean...to where i could flip it to highbeam and the headlights go out. My friend jeremy did it on his '05 gixxer 1, but he has 2 bulbs (one high, one low) so he just took the bulb out.

I looked in my headlight and looked like it was only 1 bulb on each side, so i didnt try to mess w/ it.

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
are your lights on permanently then? if so it might be worth buying a 2002 zx-6r right hand switch gear and replace yours that way you will be able to switch them off :)

Russ

·
Registered
312 Posts
yeah. in America, bike headlights have to ALWAYS be on. I drive with my highs on until it gets dark.

my lights are on the left handlebar if that makes a difference

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
you definately want a replacement left switch gear then as that will have the on/dip/main switch on leaving the left for main/high beam as normal.

Russ

·
Registered
166 Posts
Originally posted by 2Slow2tedius
yeah. in America, bike headlights have to ALWAYS be on. I drive with my highs on until it gets dark.

my lights are on the left handlebar if that makes a difference
Not in South Dakota. Only have to be on at night. Easiest way to wire a kill in for the head lights on a 2000 6r is to slice the wire next to the headlight fuse under the seat and put in a switch. This leaves the small light above the headlight on.

·
Registered
312 Posts
well, i want to turn off my HIGH BEAMS, and be able to use the low beams @ the flick of a switch.

someone on sportbikes.net was talking about intercepting wires with resistors and stuff. I'll get to it when i swap out my headlights...just looking for information now

EDIT: Wouldn't it be easier to install single filament bulbs instead of the duals that's in there now? I don't THINK it would mess anything up or blow any fuses (someone plz correct if wrong)

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
it would be no different to having a bulb blowing (using single filament) but would you be able to get H4 singles?

Re above comment i meant right hand not left :)

Russ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.