Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to see if anyone has tried this.Normally it is really expensive to send stuff out to have this done but I found a DIY website(a lot cheaper to DIY).My only concern is that parts I anodize will not hold up to the rain.I'm also wondering how difficult the procedure is.Some websites say it is hard others say it is a cake walk.I would go out an try it right now but I don't have the money to waste if it turns out to be to difficult to do.

·
Registered
66 Posts
if u contact alot of paintballl shops they may know of a local guy that will do stuff for you for a pretty reasonable price sometime the owners of the shops will do anodizing also though so look around b4 you just go to a custom bike shop kinda place

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
If you're talking about only a few parts that's a big expenditure for the chemicals & solvents required, which are very poisonous and have to be disposed of as hazardous waste. All things considered, I think it would be cheaper to find a local industrial anodizing shop and see if they will do a small lot of parts for you. If they were to be done all the same color with nothing too fancy, it wouldn't cost them much to throw them in with a big job.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have tried DIY anodizing (Not motorcycle parts, actually not parts at all just pieces of aluminum to try it out). It didn't work so well. The colors were very uneven, and often not what what I would expect. (Example: Black Dye creates Olive Drab Green????)

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
i have looked into it, and will have my Silver carrozerria wheels done in a hard anodized color.
also going to send in some other misc clamps and peices as well for the same treatment.

Hard Anodizing is better then powder coating on all accounts.
Have a guy in CA, that will be doing my work, so PM me if you want some more info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts