Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just wondering if anyone has ever tried to put a fuel injection system froma newer ninja on thier old school 00-02 zx6r the engiges are very similar and it looks like it would bolt right on. i would think you would be able to install the whole throttle body assembly and wireharness and computer then just tune it in and it would work fine.
an thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It would be awesome... But i think you'd have to do the whole ignition system too, unless its a seperate module for the fuel injection. Also you should prob use the one off the RR, since the R is 636 it will prob run too rich, but it might not be that big of a difference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought a motor kit for mine...I will be putting the motor on in a couple off weeks. But I will let you know what my findings are. Mike

·
Registered
277 Posts
The R and the RR use the same DFI parts. Weather you coose an Ror RR it would no affect on rich or lean. Same fuel pumps, DFI throttle body, fuel pump, etc etc. I have also been thinking about his mod and weather it would work or not...Cant see why it wouldnt if you were to pretty much change everything, the downside is the cost...would it be effective to change all this financialy or just buy a new bike :D

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
would be complicated but anything is possible, not worth the pain in the ass or $

·
Registered
256 Posts
Originally posted by the_gooey_1
The R and the RR use the same DFI parts. Weather you coose an Ror RR it would no affect on rich or lean. Same fuel pumps, DFI throttle body, fuel pump, etc etc. I have also been thinking about his mod and weather it would work or not...Cant see why it wouldnt if you were to pretty much change everything, the downside is the cost...would it be effective to change all this financialy or just buy a new bike :D
They may have the same parts, but they probably have different stock fuel maps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The fuel injected 636's have a camshaft position sensor that our bikes don't have. There's not even a way to make it work. You would not get the sequential fuel injection like a 636. But, you could make it work like throttle body injection (like the older GM's). You would lose a little fuel effeciency, but it would run like a freakin' rocket. The ECU, therfore would not transfer over. You would have to use some sort of aftermarket job, or find yourself a techni-geek to make one for you. The good thing about TBI is that you can keep your stock ignition totally independent (you won't even need to touch it, with the exception of making the throttle position sensor work). If we could get this to work and throw in programmable ignition, it would be a tuner's wet dream!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
im running a 636 stock CDI on my bike(RR)with a pc111 and it runs just fine at the 636 base map. Runs just like it did with the 600 ECU onboard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.