Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes I got some. They were easy to install. And like Dallas02 said I didn't have to make any holes. They also seem very durable. I recommend them.

Dont quote me boi cause I aint said shit!

·
Registered
44 Posts
They look nice but where did you buy them? Pleze post one of those nice links everyone is so good at here on this site. Thanks.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Mine are coming on Moany, hopefully. I ordered them from kneedraggers.com

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Keep in mind that style where you dont need to drill any holes in the fairings are not very strong.
Your just bolting them into the fairing mounts, which are not very big bolts.
They will bend/snap in anything more then a drop or low speed lowside.

Good frame sliders bolt to the engine mounts, which are much stronger. On our 98-02's that means cutting a hole in the fairings..

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by CdnNinjaZX6R

Keep in mind that style where you dont need to drill any holes in the fairings are not very strong.
Your just bolting them into the fairing mounts, which are not very big bolts.
They will bend/snap in anything more then a drop or low speed lowside.

Good frame sliders bolt to the engine mounts, which are much stronger. On our 98-02's that means cutting a hole in the fairings..

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11
the 03 vortex frame sliders bolt through the engine mounts, and they don't require hole cut into the fairings. they seem pretty sturdy to me.

Dont quote me boi cause I aint said shit!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just got mine in the mail yesterday from Kneedraggers.........was wondering about the install part.......

If I take the engine mount bolt out, will I be able to get it back in??/ (wondering if the engine and frame with bolt OUT wil not match up upon reinstallation)

and if so what is the correct torque when i do reinstall the new bolts????( or is "Guudentite" enuff)

Never Underestimate the POWER of sTupIDiTy

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bought them from Kneedraggers; these guys are great!
It's all bolt-on no mods required and the whole process can be reversed to stock just as easy.

The motor mount bolts are hard to remove because they are really torqued in!
If I remember correctly all I used was long wrench to give me enough pull with an 8mm & 10mm head; an impact gun would've made the job a lot easier. Other than that it was piece cake.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Just put a set on my wheels of speed. There were slight issues with fairing fit - nothing a file couldn't solve. They were race fairings which is probably the reason it wasn't perfect - I don't care they'll work great when called upon I'm sure.[8D]

Chaos, panic, disorder......

my work here is done

·
Registered
140 Posts
I really like mine from Huge Industries, they went on very easy, and the anodized aluminum looks great. Plus the color is nice on the silver....

/forum/uploads/skywalker636/windscreen.jpg

2003 Silver 636
2003 Maxima SE

·
Registered
700 Posts
I'm diggin my vortex frame sliders so far, haven't had to use them yet(thank God). And install was as easy as it gets

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
edward, i have the silver 03 like you. Just wondering why you didnt get the silver aluiminum vortec framsliders. The white one they make doesnt exactly go that great with a silver bike.
I know they are $10 more and all, but I think thats the one I'm going to go with .
I've just been waiting for a picture of them on an 03.
The frame of your vortec slider is the alluminum, does that color match the paint color ok?

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I ordered a black set for my silver bike last friday. Should have them monday I hope. BTW Tommy I seem to recall that someone once told me that aluminum as a slider material is not ideal, that's why I ordered the black set of delrin sliders.

·
Registered
59 Posts
did anyone use the blue thread compound the instructions suggest, and what are the correct torque requirements...I just got mine and want to install them...may have the dealer put'em on for me.

RIDE LIKE YOU NEVER WILL AGAIN!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.