Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

hate this bike with passion now

1K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  rob636 
#1 ·
laid bike down...replaced stuff wont run traced problem back to fuel pump..it just doesnt pump.. not the tip switch.. replaced pump with new one and still doesnt work however my wire tester shows one to be hot so now i am freaking out what the hell is wrong with this bike im going nuts ready to light the whole thing up..im no master mechanic but this is ridiculous i see no reason for it to not pump, if any one has a clue please help me out ..this is my only transportation and its been 2 months of walking to work and no way or funds to take this thing to a shop... [V][V][|)][|)][xx(]

#4 ·
nope it will run if i manually feed gas..tested the pump with eyes and ears and disconected line to see if it will spit gas when i try to start..negative so with one of the three being hot i assumed my pump was no good after all i had to replace gas tank {hit curb and smashed good} went as far as to open tip switch it is definitely not the problem..gravity fixes it..ingeniously simple..im am absolutely lost , replace tank ,main fuse,pump,kickstand, which also has switch but do not beleive it to be the cause..so what controls the fuel pump? a relay..? I am beyond lost now and scared or the shop screwing me. it must be something i can fix, but two months later i cant even diagnose it so.... would a shop charge me just to diagnose problem ? my thanks to anyone that scratchs their head and tries to help.[?]

#5 ·
One wire is hot...yellow/red at main harness end of plug, and black w/ white tracer is the neg/ground. Double check the blk/w wire. Ohm it to ground and make sure you have a good ground still. There is also a fuel pump relay in the mix as well. All in the factory service manual. PM'd you.

#12 ·
Kawasaki in 04 was the first company to install a theft deterant on the bike STOCK yes i know how it works... The bike has ecu to ignition recognition. So you dammaged the ignition the ecu will come on the hud will light up but it will not trigger the fuel pump untill the ignition is right. yes i know how to bypass NO dont ask... I dont let that out. but didnt want you chasing your tail anymore...

#14 ·
Originally posted by rob636
the world make a little more sense now my red yellow is dead and the on that is hot must be a sensor for fuel level i would deduce..so what directly powers that white w/ red tracer wire pre connecting to pump[?]
white/red is fed from fuel pump relay....which is fed from the white/yellow comming from the ECU.

If the ignition is turned on...what status is shown from the FI light on the instrument panel. Unlit = is a general fuel system problem. Blinks = is the immobilizer system problem. Lit = requires a self diagnosis to be run from the plug under the seat. This is where the manual is really helpful...sorry.

#15 ·
found it....thank you guys so much for the help ...there is a small meteal cage bye the computer which which has a flat spot and cut the red white wire when it slapped thru tail fairing...im am over freakin joyed that i can ride soon and thanks again guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.