Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well here's the cure........lets all go for a group ride to someplace warmer...like california. lol jk
wish i could though...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You poor mid-westerners have the worst winters in terms of season LENGTH. You might not get THAT much more snow, but your riding season is sure as heck a lot shorter. I'm not putting the bike away until the first time they start throwing salt down... likely late December or so.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I was hoping to keep riding mine until we get snow too, but yesterday Im hanging out at our local bike shop, and one of the guys notices 2 nails in my front tire!
I pulled em out when I got home, 1 was about 3mm long, the other less then 1mm.

Does not look like it got through all the way, Im not loosing any air.
Im not sure if I should keep riding on it, or maybe through my old 207 back on. The 207 still has good tread left, its just been sitting in my basement since last winter when I switched to 208's.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey bro.
I got a nail in my rear tire this summer. It was right in the center, I got it patched up and is holding air fine, this was about 1.5 months ago. Or 2500 kms. Tire is wearing and the plug and patch are holding up fine.

later

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Sorry to hear that CDN... I might be in the minority here, but I'd rather be overly cautious and spend the dough than risk the big blowout at full-clip if you know what I mean... visions of Mat Mladin's blowout this year in AMA Superbike was a lesson for me. ;)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Originally posted by PSCZX6R

Come on down...AZ is nice :) still about 85 right now :)
I know what you mean, I grew up in Tucson riding a motorcycle every day of the year (helmet what the hell for?) then I moved out to San Diego and I complain when it gets below 60

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.