Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
No personal experience, but a fellow rider had only good things to say about a progressive shock he mounted on his cruiser.
As far as I'm aware, Progressive shocks are a good (not great) upgrade from stock at a reasonable price. Hagon (UK-based) also makes a rr. shock and offers it about the same price as Progressive.
Elka's is a superior product (from what I've heard ... certainly more adjustments) but you pay for it; same with Racetech, Hyperpro, Bitubo (Italy), Penske (some offer a couple of different models, some only one).
Ohlins only makes 1 model for our bike, priced in-between the Progressive and bottom-of-the-line Penske.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you look around, you can have the Ohlins for around $550. According to the shop I talk to, the Ohlins will be much better than stock and for most peoples needs, unless you plan on racing, then it may not have the adjustment you need. They also sell Penske but that is a couple hundred more dollars and for people who are looking for more adjustment. Sorry, I have no information on the Progressive shocks however but thought I would provide some more information.

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Pursebully
37,528 Posts
Nothing wrong with Progressive Suspension. It's not Ohlins, but it's an upgrade over stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts