Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got the time to break out the fender eliminator from bertja and do an install. Everything turned out fine with the FE, problem is, I have 4 ugly hangdowns. I'm about to go pick up a grinder and have myself a nice garage session makin noise. Anybody have any suggestions??

·
Powerhungry
38,366 Posts
yep you got it. grind it off. i used a cut-off wheel. its stainless. so its alot harder than normal. oh and use some earplugs. stainless is LOUD when being cut. while ur at it, get some high temp BBQ paint and paint it up. looks alot better black....but hey thats just my thought

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here's the new toy, whoopee I know:

there's one of the hang-down screws i tested the new grinder with:

now 30 mins later (beer break) i'm halfway done

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Looks good, that would have been fun to do.

--David

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just got done doing the same thing...fun huh? Now scuff it up and put some low gloss-hi temp black paint on that exhaust and your done.[8D]

·
Registered
78 Posts
How involved is the process of removing the exhaust for painting? I've cut the bracket off and want to paint it black but removing it looks to be a real pain in the ass.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
grind the remainder down, tape it up, spray it black..any suggestions a company and type? i saw low gloss and hi-temp, is this the same stuff that I would spray on..say the underside of a jeep wrangler :) ?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Better solution:

Drop that stock anchor for an Akra! Sounds better and weighs 1/4 as much.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Cut mine off with a dremel. Takes a bit of time and you can get a nice clean cut.

before and after painting black

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm seriously considering dropping the money on either a yoshi, akra, or TB..but I've got the cash flow tied up in a new ride since the exploder stb (read: shit the bed) on me. Damn thing didn't even make it to 100grand. Oh well, new Jeep on monday :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.