Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding my bike yesterday and all was going good this is my first bike I got home and tried to start my bike. It wouldn't start I haven't had any problems up until now. I pulled the bike apart today and I have no spark. I do however have power to both coils I also checked the gray wire to the cdi box and am getting 5.48 volts. I am stumped and don't know what to do please help

·
Registered
101 Posts
Start here/end here: Open and clean the kill switch contacts/check the outbut of the junction box/check the output of the cdi to the coils. I dont remember if the junction box has a relay output to the cdi, if the switch is good and you have voltage at the coils your looking for a low trigger at the coil contrlo line to test the cdi. (PS: I have a spare CDI)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tested the switch my junction box just clicks when I hit the start button so about a week ago I wired a push button start directly to the celonoidi have 12.58 volts at both the coils and on all 4 legs of the coils I also checked the grey wire and that is getting the 6 volts it needs. Can you please explain more on how to test for a low trigger at the coil control line and Wich wire that would be on the cdi and what do you want for your spare cdi. I also noticed when I first bought my bike that the voltage regulator box has a burnt wire in the plug end but it did still run with no problems even with said wire like that

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have seen others with a burnt wire from the stator to the regulator, you would need an oscilloscope to test for the low signal at 20 Hz or so at 1200 rpm and it woulb be the the black line or the green line at the plug I beleave but the starter would need to be turning over the engine and it sounds like its not doing so.

I would try push starting, if it wourks get a new starter celiniod.

Spare CDI is $40 plus shipping tested working on my 98. If the bike is push startable its not the cdi, I have had batteries read 13V but sag hard shen hitting the button and a new battery is the fix for that, you can refresh them with new acid aslo but aint nobody got time fr that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
And no offence to this web site but there is not a lot of ZX600E action so you will get awnsers faster in a facebook group.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'll buy that cdi from you send me an email my email is [email protected] I have power to the coils but they don't get the voltage jump they should be when turning the bike over even with the bike hooked up to a new battery

1 - 8 of 8 Posts