1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious
Anyone here ever sit on a Hayabusa???
will a short rider fit?
I see the ride height for the Hayabusa is 31.7 inches, thats about the same as a 96 zx6r.
But I know the suzuki seats are really wide so you still need longer legs?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've sat on it. I'm 6', so no height problem, but that bike feels big. Gas tank is huge, and overall that bike is just BIG. Maybe it was just my 1st impression, but I don't think there will be 2nd.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I sat on a Busa too. It felt big and wide. And heavy. It's over 100 lbs heavier than our Ninja's and about 3 inches longer, though it seemed a foot longer. I don't think I'd ever want one.

Now it's seat is tad lower than the 02 Ninja's, but due to it being a little wider you actually feel that it's taller.

In comparision to the Busa, a 12r has about the same seat height, but a smaller tank, is 2 inches shorter in the wheelbase and about 30 lbs lighter. Also the 12r beats the Busa in quarter mile but not top speed.

I'd take a 12r or 9r or 10r Ninja over the Busa.

-Flash

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
It's not that bad. I'm 5'9 and I have riden my buddies Busa a couple of times. I really wasn't interested in riding it because I really don't like to drive other peoples bikes, but i have to say it's a sweet bike. The power and torque make up for it's size and mass.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
A guy that parks next to me at work has one and it looks alot shorter than my 6r. Other than that, everyting else is huge. The guy was telling me that he eliminated the dual exhaust to a single because it gave it about 6 more ponies. I was like: "What the fuk for?"

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I have a '95 ZX-6R. The Hayabusa felt about the same height. I liked the ZX-12R a lot better. It felt about the same height and weight as my bike but the power difference was awesome. It had a sportbike feel, not much different in handling than my bike. I don't like the dual pipes of the Hayabusa.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have to agree. While I was waiting for my new back tire to be put on I sat on a 03 and it felt like a boat!! Just like others mentioned above...longer and def. alot heavier! I would take it if it was free...that's about the only way I would have one!

My buddy wrecked yesterday on his 02 RC51, the bike is totalled. He surprisingly isn't bad at all. He says he will be getting a busa. Perhaps I'll take it for a ride if he gets one. A dealer in a close county has 03's for $9500 out the door!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
yeah I was talking to a salesman at Argo Cycles in NH and they sell salvage and rebuilt title bikes and they had a zx12r that had some very minor scratches on the exhaust and small scratches on those little lower fins on the fairing on both side and the bike was declared totaled, He said the insurance companies don't fix stuff they replace it at dealer cost so if you ever knock your bike over or have some scratches froma dump its not really worth it to file a report unless they're gonna give you enough to buy a new one. They also had a CB600rr and I think there were some tiny scratches like normal stuff you get from riding if like a rock hits you or something and it was totaled, its so rediculous.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
yeah the busa is a big beast. i know about 4 people with one. they ride great staight line and distances. personally i'd take a 12 over one mainly because so many people have them here. the seat height is great though. im about 5'6 and i sit flat footed unlike my 6 where i am leaned to one side.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Originally posted by Ben-Diesel

I wonder what speeds we could get to if there was no agreement...
When they first came out, I remember a magazine from england clocked it at over 212mph. Probably could go a bit faster, but I don't see a reason why. You'll never hit that on the road or on a drag strip.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I think it's funny when two guys brag over top speed and it's only a few MPH difference. Like Ken said, who's riding 180+ MPH anyway? LOL.

12r gets better gas mileage too.

-Flash

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i sat on both before. the busa mad me feel intemidated.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by kelvin

yeah the busa is a big beast. i know about 4 people with one. they ride great staight line and distances. personally i'd take a 12 over one mainly because so many people have them here. the seat height is great though. im about 5'6 and i sit flat footed unlike my 6 where i am leaned to one side.
I've never sat on a Hayabusa, but it must be a big bike if it takes 4 people just to own one of them.

REy

·
Registered
354 Posts
I am 5'-10 and when I sat on 'busa I felt rally streched across the tank...I don't think I would like to be on it all day...seat height was ok...

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Originally posted by REy

Originally posted by kelvin

I've never sat on a Hayabusa, but it must be a big bike if it takes 4 people just to own one of them.
[:M50]Takes 4 people to tame that thing.

REy

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Two recent mags with Busa and 12r shootouts are:

Motorcyclist August 2003

Most of use have already read this article and we did discuss it here in another thread.

Sport Rider October 2001

In the October 2001 Sport Rider they derestrict both of the bikes. Granted these are 2001 bikes and not 2003, but the test was intersting.

A Black Robotocs Yellow Box is used on th 12r and the Busa gets a Timing Retard Eliminator (TRE) from Ivan's.

Both bikes were geared down (AFAM sprockets) and the exausts changed to after markets. The 12r got a Muzz and the Busa a Two Bros. A few other goodies added to each and the results were:

Busa:

Stock: HP = 158.0 @ 9750 ..... Torque = 98.4 @ 7000
Tuned: HP = 163.2 @ 9750 ..... Torque = 100.1 @ 6750

12r:

Stock: HP = 159.8 @ 10250 ..... Torque = 91.4 @ 7750
Tuned: HP = 165.7 @ 10750 ..... Torque = 93.3 @ 7750

The Ninja came out the avantaged leader in almost all tests, and the unrestricted corrected top speeds were Busa 191.3 MPH and 12r 193.5 MPH up from the stock Busa at 183.9 MPH and 185.6 MPH for the 12r.

-Flash

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
For comparison, the '03 stock numbers are

12r: 161.4 @ 10000 and 91.3 @ 7750

Busa: 156.1 @ 9500 and 99.0 at 6750

-Flash

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.