Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Nxt year should be quite interesting! It'd be nice to see Kawi get a rider who can be in the top 5 consistently. Shinya seems to only be good in qualifying. I mean he's had a few good showings, but for the most part he's always back near 8th - 10th. That's just not gonna hold water for much longer![xx(] As for Nicky, he'll be competative where ever he ends up, but u know Kawi isn't gonna spend the $ to get him, plus he'd have a helluva lot of work to do to get the bike up to snuff, and I doubt he'd be willing to do that.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubt he will go anywhere as well. Even if he doesn't win the championship, he has shown that he is a consistent contender who can hang with Rossi. I haven't seen many riders that can battle with Rossi like I've seen Hayden do.

Plus, I doubt Hayden will want to leave a team that is arguably the best in MotoGP. But I guess we will see. I wouldn't have thought Rossi would leave Honda either to go to Yamaha and look how that turned out.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Its been a bit of a rumor for a while now. Hayden kind of feels if he doesnt win the championship, then Honda will let him go for sure. He said he wants to stay at Honda (with the factory team) but I have heard more than a few times his next destination might put him on the factory Yamaha team, meaning his teammate would once again be Valentino.

·
Registered
439 Posts
heard on another forum that its legit, and that hes going to yami and that rossi ok'd it. Thats just what I heard.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Let's face facts Nicky is a good rider but he's no Rossi, not yet at least. The only reason Nicky is so good so fast is because he is on a Honda, he would not fair as well on a Kawi or Suzuki. If he's smart he will stay where he is. Now Rossi on a Kawi, that would be something to see.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I'm affraid he'll sink on another bike. Not enough talent there to take an uncompetitive bike any farther than anyone else that's already there. Though, it could be like a Rossi deal since whoever would put out the money it would take top get the reigning champ (if he gets it) would pour some money into their program like Yamaha did. That team didn't just start winning because Rossi showed up, it was a complete change in foucs and he happened to be the catalyst for it.

As for him at Yamaha, we'll see. Colin is just as good a rider, if not better, with much more experience and he can't seem to get things right. Got to remember that the Rossi factor is worth a good 1-2 seconds on any bike and even he's struggling with it right now.

·
Premium Member
5,830 Posts
I like Kawasaki just as much as the next guy, but quite honestly, I couldn't care less about theirs or Suzuki's MotoGP team because their so uncompetitive. For me, MotoGP is entirely about the riders, with (in no particular order) Rossi, Edwards, Hayden, Capirossi, and Gibernau being the riders I enjoy watching, the most. Something about Pedrosa still annoys me!

I have heard a few rumors about Hayden leaving Honda since the beginning of the year. Basically repeating what InsaneSaki said, I also heard that Hayden is concerned with his contract if he doesn't win a championship.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.