Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 zx600d. I am in the process of replacing the head gasket. Does the timing chain have a master link on it to take that off? and if not do you have to take the cams and cam sprokets out to remove the chain?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes, just unbolt the cam caps and lift the cam. You lift it up and toward the middle, then you can lift the chain up and slide the cam out. You will have to remove the tensioner first. Then pull both cams.

Take a zip tie and wrap it around the chain. That will give you something to grab it when it drops down in the block.

Make sure the crank is at TDC and the IN/EX timing marks are alighed with the head when pulling it out. It will need to be set that way when reinstalling the cams.

Be careful, there are 4 pins in the head that hold the rocker sin, they can fall out. Also don't lose the 4 rubber plugs that hold the crossover oil pipes down.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot for the info, its going to help me alot. Also does anyone know a good way to clean out oil from the coolant lines in the block other then with an air hose?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.