Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has been discussed before , I but I find myself riding with the high beam on dark streets and highways even with cars in front and back , I hate to blind fellow motorist but the range of the low beam seems insufficient and I feel that even at 40 mph I am out running my head lights , is the high beam really bright ? no one has flashed their lights at me yet but you never know .

Any tips would be appreciated .

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
http://www.kawiforums.com/two-wheeled-discussion/179246-do-you-ride-highbeam.html

:) Most people suggest upgrading your bulbs to some Silverstars or the like. They make a huge difference. That and check to see how your bulbs are aimed. The factory quality checks on the 250r's for things like headlight aim are awful. If your beams are too low you won't see very well and adjusting them up to DOT specs will make a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://www.kawiforums.com/two-wheeled-discussion/179246-do-you-ride-highbeam.html

:) Most people suggest upgrading your bulbs to some Silverstars or the like. They make a huge difference. That and check to see how your bulbs are aimed. The factory quality checks on the 250r's for things like headlight aim are awful. If your beams are too low you won't see very well and adjusting them up to DOT specs will make a huge difference.
Thank you guys , I thought that it was a 250r specific issue that is why but after reading the other thread I see all motorcycles suffer from the same , so maybe I should start looking into HID or something brighter..

And Ichiro , yes Maybe the headlights are aimed too low , with the high beam I have about the same visibility and range as my Honda civic on low.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I remember the first time I rode my EX500 at night the lights were so far off it was flat dangerous to ride at night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts