Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any bore work done on an 06 zx10r. If so what kind of results did you get? Do you have any problems keeping the front down?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
well you say Head work, then say BORE.

if you are talking about the actual cylinder head and port work, you could pick up as much as 8rwhp with some quality work, but like with anything its the package in general.
Bump compression
add kit intake cam
head work, with the supporting mods (full system, PCIII, Ignition module,Quality tune)
then you will be sporting in the 180's.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i would say head work is really good on any bike and if you are wanting to keep the zx10r on both wheels sell it and buy a 250 cause the 10 loves to be in the air...lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
it wouldnt stay on 2 wheels stock!!! are you joking?

·
Registered
144 Posts
appling more air flow to the motor won't help with the wheelie problem, it's a power to weight ratio plus the short wheel base. just get in tuned with your throttle control that will help some

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have it on my gixxer and its worth the money. when i get a 10 i will do the same

j

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
JD Gun is one of 4 ppl i would EVER EVER listen to about anything mechanical. just so you all know :D

and that should mean alot coming from me if you've ever read my technical posts..

anyways,

A. you have a 10-R. that fucker is going to wheelie whether you like it or not.
B. Head work is always FTW when done right. ALWAYS. as well as cam degreeing and JD suggested.
C. you might wanna call my man Jim at Competition CNC about having a 5-axis port job done. i think he's waiting for a few orders to start onthe 10's. he primarily does 12-Rs busas and gixxer 1K's.. not too many kawi dimes yet, but i'm sure e'd set ya straight.

welcome to KF there, new guys!! :D

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
When you say "head work" that is indicative of port polishing...

ZX-10's are polished/ported at the factory.

Engine work might be more apropritate so as not to confuse chromagnums like me. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
graph isnt showing up. who did the work and what all was done?

j

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
His name is Todd from Mineeapolis ,MN. He is damn good.

Full Arata system
BMC filter
Volocity Stacks
TRE
Port Clean UP
Deck the head
Thinner Head Gasket

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
:Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling:

dragone19 (rarely on here) just degreed his stock cams and i think did a custom map and is putting down like 161 to the wheel.. not bad for not ever opening the motor up past the valvecovers.

post pics of that 2 smoke 10-R :D :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts