Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am chasing the quest for boost right now on my 2005 636. I am almost finished and with the kit I am down to the fabricating the exhaust manifold. I saw on aussie_636 build he used one single flange mounting to the head instead of the 4 individual flanges that come stock.

Question leading from this is wondering if the 2005 636 header flange is the same as other year 636 or even other manufactures (suzuki,yami...) or are they all different.....

·
Registered
479 Posts
The large single flange prevents the header pipes from worping when you weld it together plus you can use thicker piping too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i get it thanks poof i am going to stick with the 4 individual flanges because of the warping problem and the reason they did it stock

·
Registered
454 Posts
i had to cut my flane into 3 because it still worped cos i welded the first bend out before i bolted the flang down to a bit of steel i had to stop it from bending....when it came time to put on the bike i thought it would pull up but cos its thick pipe it didnt line up so had to cut the flange up then re-tack it on the bike then reweld it all clamped up so it didnt move....my problem was i was just tacking everything but then got carried away and did a full weld cos it was goin sweet...lol

everyone still waiting for pics, you must have finish it by now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts