Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will 00-01 headers fit on a 98-99 motor. looking for a used exhaust and theres just so many more options for 00-01 so I'm thinking about changing the headers so I can take advantage...

·
Registered
507 Posts
NO 98-99 WILL NOT fit on 00-01... the spacing is different-- i tried a 01 header on a 99 motor...and it didnt fit....

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a 00/01 micron header on my 98 and it fit the only difference is the oil filter goes between the numbers 1 and 2 tubes instead of the 2 and 3. But it may all depend on the manufactor.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at a factory header just so I could get a cheap used slip on but I'll just keep waiting for a deal on a bolt on

·
Registered
717 Posts
Originally posted by badaszx9r
actually I've been seeing more and more stuff that says it will fit
If it's any good to ya, I have the header off a 99 CDN superbike on my 03. The 99 I assume uses a flat flange, whereas my 03 used a round gasket sleeve. In my case, I just re-used the old flat gaskets that came with my header pipe and hi-heat siliconed both sides of them and bolted the flanges on! Then the pipes slid onto the flanges. Keep in mind, this just may be the way my particular headers work.

BTW, spacing I would think is the same. Same head...well blocks are interchangable aren't they?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by 87gtNOS

If it's any good to ya, I have the header off a 99 CDN superbike on my 03. The 99 I assume uses a flat flange, whereas my 03 used a round gasket sleeve. In my case, I just re-used the old flat gaskets that came with my header pipe and hi-heat siliconed both sides of them and bolted the flanges on! Then the pipes slid onto the flanges. Keep in mind, this just may be the way my particular headers work.

BTW, spacing I would think is the same. Same head...well blocks are interchangable aren't they?
thanks I may give it a try:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.