Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Take off the small black top panel thats horizontal(right under handle bar levers, 2 screws). twist off cap, lamp is held in position with a wire clip.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
huh? I'm not understanding you. I'm looking at the bike now, and behind the guages there's two rubber coverings. one for the right headlight, one for the left, i can't pull it off, because there's a wire going into the headlight through the rubber piece, and i'm not sure if i should remove it. i think that's the bulb in front of the rubber piece, and there's a screw on the left side holding a wire clip on. can i take that screw out? will the bulb come out? how do i put a new bulb in?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Shit, my bad. I should have looked at what year model you have.

Anyone do this for an 02?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
yeah, just pull it off the big round outer piece. its a cap. unplug the light connector prong. the bulb is being held on by a wirecilp. dont forget how it looks like before you take it off, cuz it gets confusing trying to put the clip on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You dont have to take out the screw, all you do id hold and push down on the oppisite side of the screw, the clip will pop out, then you can take the H4 bulb out, then replate, and just push and clip back in its place.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Uh, that's not true. You have to back out the screw holding the clip to get the bulbs out. Only way you can get it out without unscrewing anything is if you didn't have the screw tightened down in the first place. Otherwise the screw and the ridge molded on the bulb holder prevent the clip from popping out. I don't recommend you leave any chance of your bulb clip popping out.

Oh and pull out the center plugs before removing the caps. I dunno why you'd try to do it the other way around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.