Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Does anyone know how to make the headlight back on during the ignition is turn to ‘On’? The headlight originally turns on after turning the key. However, it seems to disable this function after changing the bulb. Both low beam and high beam only turn on after engine is started though. Did anyone else encounter this issue? Thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi

Does anyone know how to make the headlight back on during the ignition is turn to ‘On’? The headlight originally turns on after turning the key. However, it seems to disable this function after changing the bulb. Both low beam and high beam only turn on after engine is started though. Did anyone else encounter this issue? Thanks

On my 2008 250, the low beam turns on only AFTER I turn on the engine... not when I turn the key to the "ON" position. When you turn off the engine, the low beam will remain on until you switch the key to the "OFF" position.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm not 100% positive on this, but I'm pretty sure that, on my bike at least, the headlights will not come on until the engine is started. You have to actually start the bike to get the headlights to come on. However, if the bike is started and you kill it via the kill switch or by putting the kickstand down while in gear, and headlights will remain on until you turn the key to the off position.

Edit- Thsiao beat me to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that's really strange. Both my friend and I brought the same bike together from the same dealer. Both of our bikes did have the headlight on before the engine start and the key turned to ignition On. However, it didn't work after I changed my bulb. I went to my friend's bike and compared it so. My friend's bike still has the light on without the engine on. However, after I unplug his headlight adapter cable and attach it back, it no longer turn on. His bike is same as my bike now and he demanded me to fix it. lolz

Anyone knows how to fix this?

·
Registered
647 Posts
do you not understand english. there is no way to turn on the headlight without turning the bike on first. then when you turn it off and leave the key in the on position the headlight will remain on until you turn the key to the off position.

what are you guys crying about anyways. why do you need your light on when you arent riding, to be cool or something?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dima, I thought this forum suppose to help out each bikers. You don't have to get piss about it. It's not like I'm making stuff up, but just interesting that both bikes have had such function to begin with and it's no longer so now after testing.

This ain't about crying out loud or being cool, but just sharing this issue to see if anyone else had encounter it. That's all. So chill.

·
Registered
448 Posts
On my 2008 250, the low beam turns on only AFTER I turn on the engine... not when I turn the key to the "ON" position. When you turn off the engine, the low beam will remain on until you switch the key to the "OFF" position.
Same as mine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Read what the owners manual says. I could be wrong, but I do believe it says something to the affect that the headlight will not turn on until the starter button is pushed to start the bike.

I will check when I get home tonight to verify this.

·
Registered
586 Posts
my guess would be that it does that so ur battery isnt killed before u try to start it, alot of cars do the same thing

·
Registered
603 Posts
You're all wrong, he has his parking brake set.

To disable the headlight interlock from the parking brake, either:
1. Release the parking brake. Duh!

2. Disconnect the relay under the removable rear seat. It's hard to find, under the toolbox. Keep looking, and you'll see it. I'll try to get pics later if I get time!

Good luck!

·
Registered
168 Posts
+1 on you need to start it first..
after you cut off the engine after it's been started, the light stays on however until you turn the key to the off position

·
Registered
836 Posts
Now that's really strange. Both my friend and I brought the same bike together from the same dealer. Both of our bikes did have the headlight on before the engine start and the key turned to ignition On. However, it didn't work after I changed my bulb. I went to my friend's bike and compared it so. My friend's bike still has the light on without the engine on. However, after I unplug his headlight adapter cable and attach it back, it no longer turn on. His bike is same as my bike now and he demanded me to fix it. lolz

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Disconnect the battery for 10seconds, then reconnect...... Should fix your problem. :popcorn:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts