Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have had this problem for quite sometime now, around a year to be exact. Anyways, the problem is this: my headlight fuse blows when I switch my headlight to the bright position. I know I should have got it looked at while the bike was under warranty, but I didn't. I have looked at the wiring inside the switch and everything appeared to be ok. I have not checked to see if the bright light bulb is blown though. If that is the case could that be the couse of my problem? Has anyone had this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Finding a short can be time consuming, be methodical and eventualy you will find the problem. Visualy check for a pinched wire, the headlight wires come from the switch and go to the headlight relay back in the tail and then goes to the headlight and indicator. Pull the bulb out and try a new bulb, not likely but sometimes a bulb has an internal short. Check the relay, easiest way is replace with a new one. Did the problem occur after the bike was worked on or parts changed? It is easy to pinch a wire. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, the first time the fuse blew (if I remember correctly) was when I came down hard from a wheelie when I had the brights on. Since then, everytime I switch the lights to bright the headlight fuse blows. I just need to take the time to check the bulb and go from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.