Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Headlight globes

981 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Gareth 
#1 ·
Ive upgraded my head light globes to 55/100 watt. Ive tried it on high beams sitting in the drive but not for an extended period of time. Will the wiring/fuse be up to 100 watt's?

Cheers

Gareth

See less See more
#6 ·
Well,

I just rode the bike for an hour and a half out in the country 80% time on high beam and not a problem. Wiring loom didnt get hot and the fuse is a ok.
And the amount of light now is well and truly better than the 60 watt high beams:D

FYI the globe part number is Narva p/no 48911BL UV CUT. They are suitable for Polcarbonate lenses.

Cheers

Gareth

#8 ·
On my past 250 I put in a 90/100 watt or something close to that in , didn't seem to melt/ hurt a thing. In fact riding out in the country at night was a breeze! (pun intended)
But thats a 250, me thinks the zx6rwould be built better also, just my 2 cents[|)]

#9 ·
Well, I have 2 cars which both run 55/100 golbes (stock 55/60) and they have no problems. As for the bike I would hope the fuse would blow before the wiring melted ;) Thats what I hope its there for.

CHeers

Gareth

P.S. I live in the hill's behind out City and it get's bloody dark out there. So anything that can help does!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.