Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I need help. I have an 09 kawasaki ninja 250r and im having a headlight problem. At night when I get on the freeway, I go 70MPH and when I hit a small bump in the road, my headlight shuts off. To get my headlight to turn back on, I make a stop somewhere and when i downshift and brake a little, my lights turn back on. but as soon as i hit another bump, my lights go off again. this is dangerous for the freeway at night so pleasssse someone help me with any info that you have. I'm trying to fix this problem myself to save money but if i need professional help, let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
If the connections are all good, then the bulb could be bad. The bump may be causing the filament to lose contact, and then when you brake and downshift it is making contact again.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
definitely a connection issue. Review wiring of that circuit for loose connections, try switching out for a spare new bulb to see if it still happens. That's about as much as we can help you with the issue. Could be bad bulb contact, if not then bad ground or bad connection between wires...

have you done/changed anything with these headlights or are they stock/untouched?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
definitely a connection issue. Review wiring of that circuit for loose connections, try switching out for a spare new bulb to see if it still happens. That's about as much as we can help you with the issue. Could be bad bulb contact, if not then bad ground or bad connection between wires...

have you done/changed anything with these headlights or are they stock/untouched?
My bulb is stock and untouched. so to check the connections, would i have to take off the front fairing? or the side??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies guys. I will check my connections and change my bulb. I'm a fairly new rider so all of your opinions are grateful.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
thanks for the replies guys. I will check my connections and change my bulb. I'm a fairly new rider so all of your opinions are grateful.
before taking fairings off, try a simple test: turn your bike lights all on, then push up and down on the bike to see if you can replicate the issue. Least youll confirm there's a bad connection somewhere by doing this. Either way though I would take the fairings off and inspect the wiring, fuse. I had a short in my 2013 650 recently due to angel eye voltage regulator failing and it took that circuit out, which consists of those two useless lights on the top corners of my headlights (DRL's I guess) as well as brake light (oh damn is right lol) had to replace the fuse and unplug the voltage regulators, but was easy and didnt take too long. Good luck and hope you find the issue quick!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts