Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother gave me a 2002 ZX6R that he got impounded and had a outta state title he didnt wanna take the time and get it all straightened out so im taking it out long story short the guy that had it before him didnt take good care of it at all and i know the impound guy really good so they letting me work on it to get it ready for a inspection to get a title and the headlight, turn signals, and horn isnt working. Ive replaced the whole assembly on the left side of the handle bars all the way down to the headlight assembly. Ive got to the two relays behind the headlight assembly and bought both of them to replace still nothing if i take and wires and touch them together the headlights kick on but with the new relays nothing ive tested the relays with a fuse tester they are good.. anyone have any ideas? Or anyone know if i can straight wire the turn signals just till i can pass a inspection and get it home to probably work on

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
My brother gave me a 2002 ZX6R that he got impounded and had a outta state title he didnt wanna take the time and get it all straightened out so im taking it out long story short the guy that had it before him didnt take good care of it at all and i know the impound guy really good so they letting me work on it to get it ready for a inspection to get a title and the headlight, turn signals, and horn isnt working. Ive replaced the whole assembly on the left side of the handle bars all the way down to the headlight assembly. Ive got to the two relays behind the headlight assembly and bought both of them to replace still nothing if i take and wires and touch them together the headlights kick on but with the new relays nothing ive tested the relays with a fuse tester they are good.. anyone have any ideas? Or anyone know if i can straight wire the turn signals just till i can pass a inspection and get it home to probably work on
Some wire or fuse in there is still messed up it sounds like. You could wire everything directly sure, but I would make sure to put an inline fuse on there just to be safe.

Here is the service manual, it may be of help -

http://support.bazzaz.net/service_manuals/ZX600J8F.pdf

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you ill try anything at this point. Everytime i try something and it just doesnt fix it been a big let down

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
I understand completely, it's very frustrating trying to track down unknown problems and even more so when they are electric.

Best of luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts