Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the posts about Vodkazmaslom. Always sad and an awakening to the dangers we all endure for our love of riding. Being a Steelers fan, months ago I read the story of Ben Roesthisberger (Steelers QB) being hit when a woman made a left in front of him. He got hurt real bad. He was not wearing a helmet and by the description of the accident he likely could have walked away if he had full face helmet! But this post is not about wearing helmets. The accident was kinda ironic for me cause just a few days before I had ordered a headlight modulator and a bright sylvania silverstar bulb to "TRY" to prevent that kind of thing. For those of you that don't know, A car making a left in front of you is the #1 thing that you need to worry about. Most car drivers that turn in front of bike and cause accident say they never saw the bike. Maybe the single headlight throws off their sense of distance and speed? I think I read the Yarko had HID headlights? That may help to be seen. I don't think that there are any studies to show if headlight modulators help to prevent accidents. I will tell you that people see me now! I think it pisses them off, the bright silverstar bulb flashing at them but if they see me better, I don't care. This is just something for you all to consider. It is about $100. Cheap compared to that new full Ti exhaust with jetting! I also have tailight integrator that flashes my brake lights to make me more visible also. I guess being older (39) and having two young children makes me think more about these things. Didn't know Yarko at all but it is tradgedy anytime fellow bike lover dies like that. Glad you banned A**hole that made that terrible comment. Condolences to his family.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I don't think flashing lights in the state of Virginia are legal..

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I have always since day one road with my high beams on in the day time so people can see me better. I myself while riding sometimes dont even spot a rider behind that quick if he's ridin with just his low beam on. Keep them high beams on in the day time. My buddy one day told me to turn mine off so the moment I did, 2 miles later up the road a lady almost pulled infront of me, since then they have stayed on.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,507 Posts
I would never buy the animated/flashing tail light thing because it's hard to tell when they're braking. What good is it for them to see you clearly if they're staring at your tail light while they rear end you? As for the front lights...I always ride with my brights on during the day. And I have Silverstar bulbs in both low and high beams, so they sure as hell can see it. At night I just ride carefully...modulated headlights at night could hinder more than help. Way too distracting for other drivers, and it'd fuck with your own night vision and sense of distance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the brake lights are not animated (such as the UFO lights). They just flash constantly. Not distracting and certainly others don't have doubts as to what I am doing. As for the headlight modulator, it has a sensor that shuts it off at night. It only flashes it on high beam during daytime. And yes, they are legal in all states.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Flash constantly like a strobe, or like a blink every once in a while? Couldn't that be mistaken for an emergency vehicle or police officer? Seems like it would almost confuse motorists, as if that would really be hard to do..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As normal the taillights are always on. When you brake, as usual the taillights stay on and the 2nd filament comes on. But instead of them both just being on, the 2nd filament flashes on and off in a regular pattern. It is not animated like the UFO where you can program it to do various things which I agree would be confusing to some. Here is a link

http://www.flashalert.com/integrator.htm

bought this when bike was new (99). Thinking about putting some kind of rear turn signal (besides the integrated one) back on bike. Maybe some flushmounts on bottom of undertail or side of tail fairing or lights on the license plate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.