Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:..

not sure if it is normal or not.. but I have noticed when looking at the refelction of my headlights on a bumper of a truck while riding that my low beam head light is way dimmer than the high beam .. which at first thought was normal.. but as I crack open the throttle a lil the low beam light gets as bright as the hi beam and as soon as im off the throttle it boes back dim...

not really a big issue but I just want to make sure nothing is wrong with electical...?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Normal..of course the low beam is gonna seem dimmer. the high beam is aimed higher.

·
Registered
97 Posts
the light gets brighter when you rev up the bike because there is more juice going to the light.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
it has nothing to do with "more juice" when you rev the bike. the front of the bike goes up once you give it throttle. it's due to the fact that we have projectors. hell...even non-projector bikes, some, do this, but just not as noticeable as the projectors.

the same happens with cars...same thing when you see a bimmer or maxima, when they go over bumps their colors change. whenever you see a car that with projectors that has 6000 light output behind you in your car, look at the color of the light in your side mirrors and rear view mirror, they will appear different. it's a matter of the angle you're seeing the light at that seems like the color is changing. bimmers, TLs, maximas, and the new escalades are the more obvious ones on the road.

another way to see this is if you see the 05 and up R1s...their lights dim down and brightens as they go over bumps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts