Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have a 91 zx7 that is running exceptionally well for its age. The prevouius owner replaced a lot of the vital components.

However, the headlight has stoped working. All other electrics seem fine. My mechanic is puzzled as why it is not working. It appears as thought the wire harness has been "messed with".

I purchased another harness on ebay with plans to transplant it over the winter.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could re wire my headlight to get through the riding season?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is doing the exact same thing. I read a post a little while ago that said to check the relays. I have not had time, but i am hoping it is as easy as a fuse. More to come as i dig into it....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I pulled the headlight bulbs today. One of them had a filament busted loose on the inside of the bulb. I replaced both of them and still no lights. I pulled the headlight fuse from the fuse box and it ohmed out ok. The trusty Clymer manual told me that there was one more fuse for the headlight located in a round plastic tube in line with the headlight wiring. This is a glass tube style fuse. It meters out as open and i can see some charing on the inside of the glass. Its blown. The problem now is, i dont know what amperage it is. It is not marked and it does not say in the manual. I guess i will have to revert back to ohms law and figure it out the hard way. I know my source voltage and i know the resistance. Anyway, i guess when the filament busted loose the current draw increased and was more than the fuse could take. Hope this helps you out...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.