Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to alter the headlights of a 2003 ZX6R where both headlight will work during low beams, and both headlights will brighten during highbeams (like a car).

B Roach

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's relatively simple, although you will have to rewire it all, and it will take time if you want to do it properly. As far as I know, there is no kit available. You'd just have to use the stock relays, or install new ones. I was thinking about doing this myself when I switched out the headlight bulbs, but on the one side, there is the dome for the low beam. You'd either have to take this out, or put one on the other side. Too much work for the results I think, at least for me. I'm just gonna leave it until someone comes up with something. Who knows, maybe I'll tinker around with it when I take my bike off the road for the winter.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Not with the stock bulbs. The 03's use H7's which are a single filament compared to the previous years H4's which were dual. Take the dome off and you have two fulltime highs. Add a dome to the other and you have two fulltime lows.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Without modification to the bulb mount, no. You'd also have to alter the wiring harness and get new sockets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.