Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help with my 07 ZZR 600. My headlights do not turn on when I start the engine. But, if I hit the kill switch the headlights turn on. I have checked the relays, junction box, fuse, battery, stator, regulator, and ignitor. Changed the bulbs too. Sometimes the lights turn on but most of the time they don’t. Just need help with troubleshooting this issue. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got a wiring diagram? There is a yellow wire from the regulator to the junction box (aka fuse box) which causes the headlamp to turn on when the engine starts. Your problem sounds like an issue with that wire, or one of the diodes in the junction box, or the regulator itself.

I'm assuming you've already confirmed the alternator & regulator are working i.e. getting the battery charged. If so I would look in to the above next.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do. I think you are talking about the black and yellow grounding wire. That makes sense because my battery is not charging but all checks on the stator and regulator are good. I will check the wire and diodes. Hopefully it fixes it. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not yet. I tested the junction box and stator. Junction box test were fine but stator was bad so I replaced it. Headlights still did not work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts