Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up. I have a 95 zx7. I bought some headlight bulbs off ebay. 100W (too much wattage, woops). I installed them. They ran for about a couple hours, then totally died, but they did not burn out. I reinstalled the functional, old ones to be sure, and still nothing. I'm getting no juice to the headlight harness. I tried checking the junction box, and looked at the fuse. That was fine. I'm thinking the 100W bulbs burned something out. Maybe a relay? Maybe a wire? Wouldnt the fuse blow out first? Has anyone had this problem before? I plan on tracing the wires back all the way, but wondered if anyone had any feedback before I dismantle the bike.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
100W globes? I'm thinking melted wires (or plug) somewhere, although I would expect the fuse to blow first, unless it's been changed to something like a 30amp fuse.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldnt find a melted wire, or burned fuse or anything.. I was messing around with the relays last night, trying to find the correct wires. I thought I had narrowed down where the problem was, but hadn't fixed it yet. On the way to work this morning, the bulbs started working on their own. Who knows how long they will last. There must be a melted, loose wire somewhere. just gotta find it.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Hmmm. Good luck with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.