Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about that myself. I just replaced my bulbs last night with the Super white MTEC bulbs. Highly recommended. They look bad ass. I was thinking about taking the dome off myself. I might do it this weekend if I have the time. I'll let you know. Looks like a pain in the arse to get to though.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I just have a question about the headlights...i've had my 636 for about 2 weeks and a love it..so heres my question, have any of you taken that "chrome dome" off the regular headlight, so it acts like the high beam side?

/forum/uploads/chevythunder53/zx6r4.jpg

·
Registered
212 Posts
mred,
Where did you get your head lights...I have been wondering about those head lights myself. Also how much did they set you back?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got them off of ebay. $32 shipped. Be sure to follow the specs I listed previously. There are a lot of different bulbs out there. You can get them for a little less, but I went with the lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I know 1 or 2 people on here did take that chrome dome out. But not many people read the newbie section. If you wanna know how to do it and if it decreases the amount of light thats directly in front of the bike, I would repost this question in the general forum.
I actually have been thinking about taking mine out too. I always drive with my Highs on anyway (night or day) I dont really like the way that the headlights dont looks the same on both sides. Makes people think that just replaced one bulb and the other bulb has been in there a few years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.