Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that i care much to do them... or try them but i heard this rumor on another forum that a zx9r would not do a power wheelie! I have not had mine long enough to try it, but i believe that the power is available to do a power wheelie. let me know if it does. thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, I can dispel that myth! In 1st gear it's more of a challenge keeping the front end down, than it is getting it up. I've done it on accident many times in 2nd gear when passing cars, etc. It isn't even hard to get it up in 3rd either.

·
Registered
756 Posts
For gearing, try -2 up front and +5 in back. I have no problems doing' accidental wheelies...Just a “tap” of the throttle! :D

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hey man-- when you gonna lean that bike over???[8D]

...you got some ranch dressing for those chicken strips...

·
Registered
311 Posts
When mine was all stock and also stock gearing, it was tough doing a 2nd gear power wheelie. It would do 1st no problem. Now, with a pipe and jetkit and still having stock gearing, 2nd-gear power wheelies also.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
I get 1st & 2nd gear power (or torque) wheelies on mine all the time; stock gearing.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Originally posted by 2KZX-9
My bad, some of them do. Just not the wheelie one.:(
Fixed them

·
Registered
717 Posts
interesting thread....

about the chicken strips....they don't matter..it's technique...and it's the bloody street!! So post up YOUR own chicken strips before you speak so freely!!

second, I do wheelies every time I am on my ZX9.....+2 on the rear. LOL!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.