Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
24 Posts
Heya,
I know of these.....

I don't know if they are readily available in the USA, but I do know the company will ship out there to you. They retail from the manufacturers website for £25.52 excl tax (just under £30 with tax added) so with shipping costs and exchange rate they will be more expensive. But I can vouch for the quality of their products - documentation, packaging, quality of manufacture are all excellent.
A friend recommended them to me and I ordered the cotton reels, crash protectors, tail tidy, bar end sliders and heated grips and all items (apart from the grips - there's a backlog) arrived in 3 days and they are now sitting at home waiting to go on my bike. And the quality is very good, I'm really impressed. I wish I could give more info on the grips but alas I have no bike or grips as of yet. If you'd like I could post you more info on their grips when they arrive.

You can find a pdf install guide at this link
http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Kawasaki/ZX250_(Ninja_250R)/2008/HG000122C.aspx

or if I haven't manged to paste the link correctly, just browse their main website at http://www.rg-racing.com

you can email them at [email protected]
to get more info direct and find out if they have a seller near you.

Hope this helps

Greg :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have ordered from r&g and received stuff from the very quickly here in the states. good company to deal with :thumbup:. also this company sells r&g products stateside. they might have the heated grips and are also good to deal with: www.[B]ema[/B]-usa.com/

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I like the dualstars heated elements and they are much cheaper than the regular heated grips. I've never encountered any electrical problems and I've had them on all my bikes.

·
Registered
389 Posts
It was 4°C out yesterday when I left my house. My ride to work is about 45 minutes and I was wearing waterproof ski mitts. My hands were still cold when I got there. But it was still way better than my thin leather riding gloves. Heated grips would be nice.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
I'm looking in to doing some heated grips for the bike. These are the one I'm looking at http://www.newenoughhp.com/accessories/grips__heated_grips/symtec/motorcycle_grip_heaters.html. They say that the watts are 43 at 14 Volts. I was woundring If this would dim the headlight form to much power draw. Anyone else thing about doing this? If you have any tips about these or other kind of heaters let me know.
Nah you'll be fine. (Wattage = Amps X Voltage) soooo 43 watts = (Amperage) x 14

Doing a LITTLE math yields 3 amps. That is next to nothing :p . Make sure if you do this you only switch the grips on when the engine is running. You could cheat (yikes I hope I'm not opening a can of worms here) and wire it to run through the horn fuse (10 amp).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts