• Ride home

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
get a ride home as long as u can leave the bike somewhere u know its safe. riding in heavy rain sux ass. moderate rain isnt too bad.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I hate riding in the rain, I was stuck riding home when it was pouring like crazy, not fun at ll

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Map out a route that will allow you to stop for short breaks under something that has a overhang on it. Meijer stores come to mind...freeway overpasses....then just wait out as much rain as you can, and ride and if needed wait it out more under other things.

Next time check the weather report before you ride into work!

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
I just checked the weather channel and I saw that Wilmington was covered with red.

I vote for waiting. Looks like the heavy shit should be gone soon.

Always, always, always check weather.com before going to work or going on any ride. A couple times this summer I had to cut out of work early because I took a chance with the rain but it came faster than I thought. My boss didn't mind cause she loves motorcycles but some bosses might get annoyed if it happens a lot.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Wait it out under cover or put on your raingear (you have some, right?) & John Wayne it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
wrap your feed in plastic bags if you dont have waterproof boots and just tuck and pray you dont get into any slow downs. as long as you're tucked and moving you shouldnt get too wet

·
Registered
859 Posts
Have ridden in some scary stuff before. Wasn't that big a deal for me. Agree with tucking and using some plastic bags if you have no raingear. Watch the puddles! There's nothing like hydroplaning(sp?) on a motorcycle!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Who is afraid of a little water. Just another reason to be smart and wear full-face. 2 years ago I was going home with my fiancee on the back of my KLR 650 and we hit the section of Buffalo Creek road in Worthington, PA that was flooded about 6 inches. The SUV behind me took one look, did a 3 point and went the other way. Then I saw a big DOT truck coming through the water, I looked at my fiancee and said hold on. Water was shooting about 12 feet in the air off the rear tire. We got to the other side about 500 yards away and there were some kids sitting on a gaurd rail cheering. Weather can be fun if you don't let it scare you.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I've ridden in the rain before but really hesitate to ride my new bike when it's going to rain or if there's a chance of rain.. not so much because I think it will hurt anything, but because it's such a pain in the ass to clean it back up the way I want it ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
15 minutes in the rain, what, are you made of icing sugar? Ride it home, just take it easy watch the painted lines and manhole covers. Checking the weather reports is only to see if it is going snow, if not get on and go! If your season was as short as it is here this wouldn't even be an issue.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Take the skirt off and ride home.

N

·
0 Posts
if its that short of a ride then i'd probably ride it too. but if it was longer, no way. apparently a lot of us have forgotten how much more stupid OTHER drivers out there get when the roads are wet.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.