Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just stopping in to say hello.

I just bought a 1995 Kawasaki Ninja 500. I don't have pictures yet, but I will post them as soon as I can.

I am scheduled for the MSF mid-september so my bike will have to be parked for a bit :( no biggie. The previous owner also gave me a helmet and jacket to go with the bike. It was an awesome deal that I couldn't pass up (even if meant having me to park the bike til I am ready).

Anyhoo, I got a quick question. I was looking at other 1995 500s and I came across these. The red is what mine looks like and I was wondering how or what do I buy to get the back of it to look like the black one. I would like the (i think this is what its called... I am a real newbie haha) passenger seat part to look like the black one.

Black One: http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/843030/
One that looks like mine: http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/056402/

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
welcome!
im not a 500 guy but from the looks of it that guy has a tail section that is either custom or from a different bike, he's got a D&D pipe (loud but they suck performence wise, yet i have one...), tinted windscreen, different seats (probably the same ones that go with the tail section), a fender eliminator kit to go with the tail, as well as some clear lenses on the turn signals. imo not worth it unless youre keepin the bike for a long time but do what you want, it is yours after all

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies.

Yeah I was just kinda wanting to get the seat and passenger seat to look like the black. I guess it looks a little more sporty and a bit newer haha. But if it costs alot of money and time, I probably won't do it.

I do plan on keeping the bike a while until I get more into riding and make sure I like it. I didn't wanna spend a few thousand bucks on a bike and it turns out i don't really like it. I hope I do. But this way, I have a older and cheaper (in cost of the bike cheaper) bike that I won't cry too much over if I drop it and its something that maybe one day I can fix to make it look a little better and I can sell it to get my money back and then some.

But thanks for the replies! To a newbie, that modification didn't seem like anything... but now it seems like alot of money and work.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Great bike to learn on. I had an 04 Ninja 500 for 1 year. Tough bike that was dependable and good on the highways.

The extra power is useful and you won't get bored quickly with it like a 250.

Ride safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts