Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone! Pics finally added

First off Hello to all!!

I should be taking ownership of my new bike in about a week or so.
Silver '07 Ninja ZX-6R.

I have been riding for a numer of years and owned a couple of bikes.

I am getting this perticular bike kind of out of default. I have been riding it for almost a year and now get to take over complete ownership. My brother-in-law got a great job offer that he couldn't refuse, but it requires hime to move to the west coast. He has let me more or less take the bike since he has owned it whenever I like, so he figured that since it is a fresh start out there he didn't want the extra payment on the bike. So I landed a great deal and now own the bike outright, just have the same payments he did.

An offer I couldnt refuse no matter how much the wife disagreed with me.

So needless to say I will own an 07 ZX-6R by this weekend. 1,500 miles Micron Exhaust, Dynojet Power Commander(I belive thats what he said it was) and just an awsome bike.

So just wanted to share my good luck story and say hello. Hope to talk to most of you all at a later time. I will post some pics up when she is in the garage next Sat.

Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

I do have a bit of an issue and would appriciate anyones help.

My wife seems to think that I am to big for the bike. I told her that the big is almost perfect for me, in the sense that I have never felt out of control and it is one of the most comfortable rides for a rocket that I have ever been on.

I am 6'2 1/2" and right around 235-240 lbs. So would someone please agree with me that the ZX6-R is in no way to small of a bike for me. She said I should get a bigger one but I think she is just looking for insurance money..lol

So anyway if she sees from a few of you guys that it's ok she might (probably not) stop her nagging about it.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
dude, you're not too small, have no fear. I ride a '06 636 and I'm 6'3", 240lbs. Now, i sure could be smaller, but I'm not too big for that bike. And another member here, JD_Gun, is my size and rides a 10R and a 6R... and the 6R is solely a race bike. So yeah, you're not too big for it.

welcome to the forum and good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts