Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone just thought I would say hi now that i finally got my bike. Spent most of the day riding around the neighborhood getting used to the bike, i think neighbors were getting pissede off but oh well. Funny thing happened, i was riding around and i had no idea how much gas was in the tank when i took it home from the dealership, but dang thing died on me and freaked me out because i have never experienced it. But as soon as i pulled over i realized it was out of gas (no gas was slushing around the tank). So i fill up after switching to reserve, but weird thing is that i could only fill up to 3 gallons, and this is supposed to be a 4.8 gallon tank. I remember reading something about this before but i couldnt find anything when i searched for it again. How i filled up was just getting off the bike and filling up. I didnt know if there was a certain why i am supposed to do it. I just dont think im getting all the gas i can.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Your book may say that it holds 4.8 but you never use all of the gas when you rune it "dry" and the reserve accounts for some of the gas.....check the book that came with your bike and see how much your "reserve' holds.....this will all give you a better idea of how much gas it takes when the bike is run past the reserve.

have a good time with your new ride........and keep yuor eye on those cage drivers, particularly the ones driving their suv's with one hand and talking on the cell with the other.

·
Registered
19 Posts
first off welcome to the forum. Didnt the dealer fill up the tank for you. I got my ZZR back in February and they did all of the checks and filled everything up. I like the bike alot. It is my first. Enjoy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.