Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Hey Blue, welcome aboard. Sounds like a sweet ride already.

I use sliders by Lightning Performance Products. I checked at the LP website, no 03 sliders listed yet.

Post some pics when ya can.

-FLash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I just bought a new 2003 ZX-6R (candy lightning blue) and will be picking it up this coming Wednesday after I traded in my 2001 Suz SV650. I can't wait to ride it....I finally got the bike I have always wanted to get and the great thing now is its even better than before. I am already making plans to trick it out a bit with a new exhaust (2003 Micron Oval Blue to Silver Fade Slip-on)..blue hid light bulbs, and waiting to hear if K&N has a filter and on when the release for the Power Comm. III USB is. I am looking for frame slider and swing arm protectors, so if you have any suggestion on brands and website let me know. I am also looking for a fender eliminator thats already painted to match. I am glad to join the club..

Chirag L. Patel

·
Registered
530 Posts
I got engine-mounted frame sliders from R&G racing in the UK (I think it's www.rg-racing.com). Total with shipping to California was GBP56.59, around US$90 (the price can fluctuate because of the exchange rate). I ordered them 4/7, and I received them yesterday.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Guys,
I am also new to this discussion board. I am interested in getting a zx6r and I have located one, it is a little more than i wanted to spend. I have also found a ZX6e, which is around $1200 cheaper than the ZX6e. This will be my first bike, but I want to purchase something I can grow with. I am unclear of the details of the differences between the two. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The 600E would make a good starter bike.It is more street oriented than the R.If you are talking about 03 models,the two bikes don't have much in commom. The 600E has dated suspension,brakes,and engine.You could learn a lot on it though.If you were talking 02 models,the 6R would be a little more forgiving.Some people advise against learning on a 600 supersport.I think they're okay, shown a little respect.I agree that those SV650's would make an excellent starter bike,unless you're a die hard kawi man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.