Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, first of all i have used the serach button and gone to the how to forum, but i cant find what im looking for, i need to know where the spark plugs are located, and how to take off the air box if they are located under there, i have a 2004 zx6-r please advise. thank you, and what other things do i need to do to tune up the bike?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
well being as noone is wanting to chime in...
You do know how to turn a racthet and a screwdriver right?

If so you should be able to get away with not having to pull the tank off for this one....
remove front seat
taking tail off as well will giove you more tool resting area as well as not worrying about scratches
remove bolts that are holding the tank on..lift tank up gaining access to the airbox
Remove the airbox
there are your plugs--make sure you put the CORRECT sparkplug wire back where it belongs
not a hard process just make sure what you take off goes back into the same place....
overall should take no more then 2 hours if you are ahving beer breaks, just take time and now worries...also make sure you gap the plugs before hand..

Maybe check the how to section for a step by step...or just get a service manual

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i know how to use the tools..but i took of all the screws along the box and then i took off the bolt holding the box down to the frame, but it still wouldn't come off, are there any screws/bolts im missing to take off?, i didnt want to put any force on it. I cant seem to find the other bolts im suppoose to take off. can anyone point me in the right direction as to where i would look?..thank you...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i took the middle screw out...oh shit thats why the box wouldnt come up and out...thanks alot for all the help...is there any other things i can tune up my self before taking it to the dealer and having the vavled adjusted. well back to changing the plugs...talk to you all in a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.