Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im new from cali. New to bikes and just got my permit and looking around which bike to get. thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
welcome. the 250 is a great starter bike. easy to learn on, ride and still has a fair amount of power. plus its extremely fuel efficient.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
can't give that a big enough +1

and although the 2008 250's are damn sexy, you'll prolly be hard pressed to find one. Don't be afraid to go with an older one (even though they don't look as cool). You'll be able to ride it, and learn the fundamentals, and then turn around and sell it for the same amount you paid, or maybe even more a year or two later!

I learned on a 20 year old EX500, and sold it the next year for a $300 profit. The beauty of that older smaller bike is that is have enough power to show you what's up, but not enough to get you too far out of control while you're learning. On a newer bike you won't realize it and you'll be WAY out of control before you know it. Also, it'll have a bunch of scratches on it already, so it's no big deal when you drop it (which pretty much everyone does at some point).

So there are some ideas for you. You can take it or leave it. Good luck man, and welcome to the forum!

·
Moderhater
62,425 Posts
welcome to kawifroums man, and welcome to the motorcycle world as well. Your going to love it. Gear up, get smart, and ride safe..

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Welcome to KF. I'd recommend a pre 08 250 ninja or an ex500. Both are stone reliable bikes that can be found for relatively little money.

Use your first bike to learn, practice and hone your riding skills. After you feel you've mastered the basics, then go out and buy yourself a nice shiny new bike that you will take care of and ride properly.

Gear up with the best safety equipment you can afford.

Remember, it's not what you ride, but how you ride that really matters.

Good luck... bikes are a lot of fun, but come with high inherent dangers.

Have fun, ride safe
:)

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Hi and welcome!!! I agree with everything that has already been said. Just remember, when you have a question, search twice because 99% chances are someone had that question before you. If all else fails, ask....someone will be more then happy to answer if all other options are exhausted. This forum has a wealth of knowledge, you just have to know where to look for it....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts