Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first Kawi.It's a 2000 ZX-7. I bought it sitting outside in winter.Brakes stuck/ froze etc. Got it home and been playing with it.So far,electrical probs mostly( spark comes and goes). I have the manual I found online but it's for the S model.I'm usually ok at finding the probs and fixing.Thanks for having me on here and hope I can get this to run by spring,Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My first Kawi.It's a 2000 ZX-7. I bought it sitting outside in winter.Brakes stuck/ froze etc. Got it home and been playing with it.So far,electrical probs mostly( spark comes and goes). I have the manual I found online but it's for the S model.I'm usually ok at finding the probs and fixing.Thanks for having me on here and hope I can get this to run by spring,Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was just out there.Checked cyl 1 with plug out, no spark. checked with 1 and 2 out. spark! put a bit of gas down holes 1 and 2. no sound of combustion. pulled 1 out and checked plug for spark, no spark. pulled plug 2 out also. got spark again. it seems when all plugs are in, no spark. pull 1 and 2 out, got spark in plugs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts