Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, Jeremy here, jotting out a rookie post. Just want introduce myself and say that I am glad to be here, and am very thankful for the countless tips and tricks I've learned from the many extremely generous and knowledgeable folks involved with this site! I am 26, and have been riding my (once Kawi Green, now nearly finished blackout scheme) 2007 ZX6R since March of 2008. My bike and I have seen the craziest of circumstances both good and bad in these past 5 years. From (some of my less than intelligent moments) racing 160 mph interstate rolling punch drags, to low siding at 55 mph on a fresh rear tire in the middle of November rushing for exams, culminating in what one bike shop estimated as a totaled motorcycle. To those beautiful and oh so embarrassing moments when you dump the clutch (before your used to the bike) in a parking lot or four way intersection, and either kill the bike or fall over. And lastly one of the more embarrassing and equally emotional outings would have to be due to coasting through 2nd gear clutch nearly fully engaged and somehow letting the windy day topple me over in a patch of loose gravel on a back road in front of my father and veteran rider of some 30 years, the 3rd official day out on the brand new bike. Leaving nasty rock scrapes all over her. All in all, I wouldn't change a thing looking back. It's all been a huge learning experience, especially since I've garnered the knowledge and wherewithal to rebuild basically from the ground up. And because I am still here today in good health, hindsight dictates it's been a wild ride, and a beautiful journey. I am proud to be a part of the community, and hope to help contribute and continue to learn for years to come. Cheers!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Welcome Jeremy and good luck on your project :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts