Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Just purchased a 2009 Ninja 250r with only 500 miles. My friends all told me to start with a bigger bike, since I'm 6'2 and 240lbs. But I have never ridden a bike before today and felt like I was flying going 30mph in my neighborhood lol. I think I made a good choice! Taking the MSF course in a week. Riding is definitely a new feeling...I like it!

I have a question too, are there any taller riders that have a hard time using the footpegs? Do you just get new pegs that stick out more?

Thanks,
Jeevy

· Registered
277 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I am in So Cal also. As far as being too tall swapping out pegs may be an option on cruisers but not that I know of on the 250R. One option I have been considering is add about 1 inch of foam pad to the seat. This will give you one inch more seat height and help stretch those long legs out a bit. Stock seat is uncomfortable to me on long rides so I am considering taking it to an upholstery shop to have some foam added.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.