Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

HELLO!!! Picking up my 650R this weekend!!

342 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  SSRSZ28 
#1 ·
Hows everyone doing!!

ive been reading up on this forum lately and have learned alot about these bikes... a good friend of mine is selling me his 2008 ninja 650r with 10k miles for $3k... cant wait to get it going!!! this forum seems cool... used to be on a cut throat forum when i had my 2010 Mazdaspeed 3... so from the looks of this one everyone seems pleasant!! lol

#3 ·
thanks!! and im kinda new to this... but the sliders are for protection if you drop the bike? and the sport bars do what? ive been trying to find out lol

#4 ·
MSF course?

Riding Gear?

You sound like a newbie, so the 650 isn't a good choice if you want to learn to ride properly, but it's too late to change that so get some instruction.

Sports bars give you a more agressive forward leaning riding position. It suits some people and styles of riding, but not others. Sliders are good, but otherwise learn to ride, put some miles in, then see what other mods suit you rather than just doing things that others suggest.

Rob

#6 ·
oh my bad yeah i took that course a while ago and have my license and gear... been practicing my ass off on a 250 for a while the thing is im 6'4" and weigh 240.. so i thought the 650 suited me best...im not too much of a noob.. just on mods for bikes... with cars is a different story... especially turbo charged vehicles =D.. but yeah... im no fool... i respect EVERY bikes capabilities and NEVER try and do things i cant do...

i appreciate the input tho... sorry i left all that out =D

#9 ·
ha an 08 650r was my first bike! I think the sports bars would be nice for you since youre a taller fellow, it causes a little more forward positioning, so you can stretch out a little more.

I think a new windscreen is one of the first things I did, just because im personally not a fan of the huge tourer types.

I definitely second the sliders, not only for if you drop it, but if someone runs into it in a parking lot, etc (lesson from experience lol).

#10 ·
ahhh thanks for the input.. i will most definitely be looking into those for sure.... the sports bars for sure... do they replace the entire handle bar??? or are they an add on type of thing??? cant wait though! and sliders are mandatory!!!! those are probably my first buy!!

#13 ·
frame sliders will protect your fairings a bit... mostly to save your frame... sport bars are to make your 650 as uncomfortable as a 600

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.