Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
newbie to the forum and to riding.

Just bought an '04 ZZR600. Looking to learn to ride and to do work on it. Riding around Boston, MA.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
The semantics of C drives me nuts. I'll use it for something for a while and hammer out a ton of code and then switch to something else, and then when I come back to C I completely forget it and have to relearn it again.... AND repeat.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
The semantics of C drives me nuts. I'll use it for something for a while and hammer out a ton of code and then switch to something else, and then when I come back to C I completely forget it and have to relearn it again.... AND repeat.
:Laughing rolling:

Yeah it sucks!

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
Damnit, you all beat me to it

public class HelloWorld
{
public static void main(String[] args)
{
System.out.println("Hello, World");
}

}

Dim name as String
name="Kentom"
Msgbox "Hello, World" & vbcrlf & "My name is " & name

C is a pain in the ass. I tried learning it and just gave up and went back to Java and Visual Basic.
Java's class system makes things so much easier.
Visual Basic, well, it's just great. It's simple, it automatically corrects your spacing and whatnot. It's simple and doesn't have stupid coding "errors" which drive you up the wall when the problem was simply that you had put one less equal sign (instead of == you put = resulting in the variable pointing to the other variable as opposed to grabbing the one-time instance of that variable)
Of course, this makes programming more complicated things a bit more of a pain but honestly, most of the programs I've ever programmed were simple programs that needed to just crunch some data and a lot of it was one-off stuff that was quicker to write a program to crunch the data once rather than go through it by hand.

Most of the programming I do nowadays is in excel vb. Even if I don't need the excel functions, it's just simple not having to have a stand alone vb writer.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
I love Visual Basic!

That was fun!!

I still get to use it but as part of Epicor's Vantage ERP, since I'm responsible for all the Product Configurators here at work

;)

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I love Visual Basic!

That was fun!!

I still get to use it but as part of Epicor's Vantage ERP, since I'm responsible for all the Product Configurators here at work

;)
Given a choice I prefer assembler to anything else - but I'm an old style hardware guy.

Rob

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
Given a choice I prefer assembler to anything else - but I'm an old style hardware guy.

Rob
Not everyone's as baller as you and has old school hacker skillz, Rob ♥

·
Registered
17,507 Posts
I love Visual Basic!

That was fun!!

;)
an engineer that loves vb..... :Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling:

newbie isnt an engineer, hes a janitor at a crane plant.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
wait you for epicor? i just decided i dislike you.
The engineering side of Epicor's Vantage is not that bad.

;)

Pretty easy to use, of course there are things I hate but it's still much better than our old MAPICS system.

:)

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
an engineer that loves vb..... :Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling:

newbie isnt an engineer, hes a janitor at a crane plant.
Can a Janitor design this:

If so, then yes I'm the Janitor

:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts