Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just thought I would say Hello,

I've been riding for about 2 years now, started out on a GS500 then and FZR600 and now this weekend I am going to pick up my 1998 ZX6R from it's previous owner:D. I live in Nashville TN, am 22, male, married, and have a 6 month old son. I work as a Project Coordinator for a midsized communications company. Well thats about it for right now. I'll post some pics when I get the new ride home.

Aaron

·
Registered
491 Posts
[:Welcome] Aaron! Congrats on your '98 ZX6R and I'm sure you'll love it better than your previous ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure I will, since I have always wanted a ZX6R.

But help me out since I think that "want" maybe clouding my judgement since it's not showroom condition .

On the bad side; the whole bike has been repainted a Metallic Mint Green,it has some broken tabs and scrapes on the fairings, a couple of small dents in the frame on the top near the gas tank and steering stem, and it needs a new rear tire here soon.

But on the good side it runs nice, has about 12,000 miles on it, has a D&D slip-on.

I'm paying 2,400 for it. Does this sound like a fairly good deal? let me know before I do something I'll regret, since I haven't payed for it yet.

Thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think the $$ is fair considering it only has 12,000 miles b/c I got my '96 ZX6R for $3200 although it only has a little over 10,000 miles on it.

Since you've been riding for 2 years now, you'd probably get the feel of the bike's condition.

In regards to the cosmetic damages, that might be a different story, so try to post some pics of the bike so everyone in the forum can view the condition and I'm sure other members will give their suggestions or opinions when they read your post and see the photos. Good luck [:M86]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah mechanicaly the bike seams very sound, the fork seals were replaced about 500 miles ago, so no weapy forks. The engine seams to pull hard thru 1st and 2nd, but the last time I test rode it it did have a flat spot and seam to lose power about 6000rpm's, in 3rd-6th but the guy who is selling it said he would have that fixed by the time I purchased it. He thinks it's were he left gas in it over the winter and is getting the carbs cleaned and possibly replacing the plugs also.

Thanks for the welcome.

If there are any Tennessee riders on here if things work out right then I'll be looking for some riding friends.

Aaron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.