Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,345 Posts
Oooh Helmets,

I'm a Nazi when it comes to this sort of thing - if you've got a $500 head, put it in a $500 helmet! Above that price, you're just paying for graphics. There is a difference between a two-hundred dollar HJC and a five-hundred dollar Arai. Just borrow your buddy's Arai after a stint with your piss pot HJC lid - there IS a difference. Basically, you want to get the lightest helmet you can afford.

It's pretty simple really, things like INERTIA and MOMENTUM don't care about cost. A lighter helmet will provide for a slightly reduced chance of head injury - even slightly reduced is better than ending up like Timmy on Southpark. Your brain can take an instantaneous deceleration of about 400 g's to concuss, a few ounces can be the difference between a slight concussion or a full-on closed-head injury. Nerve cells don't regrow that well, especially the ones in your brain.

I get these guys that come to me buying their first bike. After dropping eight large on a new 600, the first thing I usually hear is "what's your cheapest helmet?" I basically try and coerce newbies into spending the cash. One man admitted to me that he owes his life to me because we're both certain had he not spent the money he would have come out much worse for it. Seriously, would you buy a no-name brand condom based on price when you're about to nail some chick you barely know?

THINK MAN THINK!!!!

My balls itch because I'm faster than you[:p]

· Registered
2,345 Posts
Damn Skippy!

The only helmet worth owning is the RX-7RR4 and now the Corsair. Get a new one every year if you can afford it!

Friends don't let friends ride with chicken strips

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.