Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a brand new helmet... HJC AC-11 creature...

let my friends nephew try it on (he's like 5(looked like a bobble head doll with it on)) and he hurt his finger somehow and freaked out thereby flinging my helmet off his head... it was about a 3 ft drop... scuffed some paint on my 24hr owned helmet.. cried a little on the inside... lesson learned but whatcha gonna do.

structural integrity of the helmet shud be ok right? was only like 3 feet and only under its own weight.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Should be fine but damn that sucks. You know how you're always SOO careful with a new helmet? It's all taken away when it gets dropped the first time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol every time i took it offf it went in a helmet bag.... sigh... well least it wasn't a shoei... would have castrated that kid

·
Registered
449 Posts
The worst one I had was about a week after I got my suomy I had it hanging on my foot peg and forgot it was there and when I went to get on my bike to move it out of the garage I kicked it off the peg and rolled about 20 feet down my driveway (which is on a slope) before I could get it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
what surface did it land on?

my hjc ac-12 has fallen off my handlebars a time or two onto dirt/gravel....ruined the visor and put a couple nicks on the paint..needless to say it only resides on the ground now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by NickLike_Whoa
The worst one I had was about a week after I got my suomy I had it hanging on my foot peg and forgot it was there and when I went to get on my bike to move it out of the garage I kicked it off the peg and rolled about 20 feet down my driveway (which is on a slope) before I could get it.
Alright you made me feel better. that blows man... sorri to hear.

one of the vents was always a little funny... mfg mistake. maby i'll try to get them to replace it. but then again i probably have the same chance of that happeneing as a one legged man winning an ass kicking contest.

EDIT: unfortunatly it landed on concrete

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
my old kbc got dropped a good bit lol. once it rolled across a parking lot and almost into the street bout 130 feet away. it fell off the mirror, i just sat there watching and shaking my head.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Since we're sharing helmet smashing stories here's something that happened to me earlier this year.

I had my passenger helmet strapped down over the rear seat with a cargo net (a brand new one). When I got on the highway on a really windy day it must have flew off either through the net holes or slipped out from underneath it. I got about five miles down the highway, and I reached back to make sure it was still there...well it wasn't! I'm sure whoever was behind me at the time got a big surprise with a damn helmet bouncing up at them. Hopefully it didn't hit anyone, but I have no clue since I didn't see it come off.

Luckily it was a cheap HJC helmet, so replacing it wasn't too painful. I did buy a much better cargo net with smaller loops/holes in it, but since that happened I just hook it to the tab under the rear seat & let it hang off of the side of my bike. On my old bike I used a net similar to the one I was using that day at least 50 times, and it never came loose from the net. I guess that one just sucked ass or something.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
That's kinda funny, it sucks, but it is kinda funny.

To those who said that he should beat the kid, even jokingly. He is an adult. His nephew is five. If there is responsibility here it lies solely on him.

--David

·
Registered
457 Posts
the helmet should be fine... i think? i rocked this kid in the face with my helmet a couple times later that day took it apart and everything "appeared" to be fine. 2 weeks ago i went down at about 70 with my helmet on scuffed up the side a bit [V] later that day i took out all the padding and everything still seemed to be intact... who knows?

·
Registered
579 Posts
There are a couple of shells in a helmet that you don't see. The shells take the impact, expand then collapse. You can't see the cracks in the shell but once it drops, the helmet is more than likely done. Buy a new one. How much is your head worth?.... Priceless, right?[8D]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
christ there might be a hairline crack in the inner shell... i gotta look when i get out of this dimly lit office and into some light... god all frickin mighty... i just cannot win

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
If you are unsure at all (and it seems you are), send it back to the manufacturer - they'll test it for a nominal fee or free (depending on who it is). Be prepared to get it back with the strap cut if it's no good any more. Not worth taking the chance on a bad helmet...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its HJC... one of the inner vents was always a little screwy... im gonna try to take it to a dealer and see if they will replace it for the vent workmanship...lol...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.