Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After work last night I went to the county fair to see the freestyle MX show. After the show I walked around, drank some beer, and talked with some friends. I was at the fair probably 1 1/2 hrs. Went to leave, because I had to work this morning. Got to my bike and discovered someone heisted my helmet. The helmet was locked to the bike, they cut the strap to get it off. In the process of cutting it off they managed to puncture the passenger seat five times. Looked around for it just in case it was some punk kids playing a joke. Even had parking attendants looking for it. Did not find it. Had to call my wife to bring me another helmet just so I could ride home ( Ca. helmet law). Had to wear my dirt bike helmet to get to work today. I guess at least I still have a motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Dude that totally sucks. Did you have a helmet lock on it? There goes $500! I am always afraid of leaving my helmet behind even though I leave it locked to the seat most of the time.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
i don't trust it on my bike. people who park next to you may accidently scratch it with their jacket or backpacks or whatever. i'd rather carry it with me knowing that i might drop it...instead of leaving it on my bike with the possibility of what happened to you.

but really sorry to hear about it...how did it feel riding with the dirt bike helmet on a street bike though haha?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
that pisses me off, dude. sorry to hear that. some people should have just been drowned at infancy...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
83 Posts
sorry to hear that man. definitely a plus that they didnt jack your bike.

·
Registered
364 Posts
my helmet wasn't jacked, but i left my helmet in class one day (i know i'm an idiot) when i went back to that class room an hour later ( i had another class and a test couldn't leave) and when i got back someone jacked my visor!!!!

i mean they left the helmet but took my visor and the side plates (ICON) thankfully i had 2 other visors but it was my clear one which i still haven't replaced but i did get new side plates....

m'er f'ers

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
that sucks, I carry mine everywhere too many farkheads around. A friend of mine left his helmet with his bike he came backonly to find some unidentifable liquid inside. Needless to say he had to get a new one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was a Fulmer Visigoth, about 130 bucks plus a visor. That plus the the hacked up seat puts me back about $230. I already had my hands full carrying my jacket and tank bag. I guess if it came between getting my helmet jacked or not, I could have carried that also. Thanks for the sympathy guys.

·
Registered
143 Posts
So you were at a fair, drinking beers..
anyone else read that? I dont think you should be riding afterwards anyways, serves your right gettin' your lid lifted.

·
Moderhater
62,425 Posts
I never leave my gear on my bike, even if its locked to it. Im sorry you got jacked for your lid, lesson learned I suppose...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
dang man that sucks. yea atleast your bike was still there:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
So you were at a fair, drinking beers..
anyone else read that? I dont think you should be riding afterwards anyways, serves your right gettin' your lid lifted.
You made yourself sound like a tool with that reply. We are all adults. If I drink a beer and decide to ride an hour later there is nothing wrong with that. Have you ever actually had a beer, or ridden a bike or was that just a slip of the brain?

PS yes I know you have drank a beer and ridden before but you have to admit it was dumb to say that without knowing the whole story. If he was drunk then fine, but he didnt say that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts